The Lawrence Township Community Foundation sponsors a Community Conversation that provides an in-depth opportunity for members of the community, town officials, and representatives from local businesses and non-profits to discuss topics and issues that are important to residents of Lawrence Township.
Recognizing the importance of connecting with the residents of Lawrence to help identify their needs, the Lawrence Township Community Foundation hosts an annual Community Conversation which brings together residents from all the neighborhoods in Lawrence for a township-wide meeting. Over the years, some great programs have been created as a result of these conversations, including arts festivals, Sustainable Lawrence, and the `Welcome to Lawrence’ signs around town.
Previous Community Conversation discussion topics included:
- Community Wellness—Health, recreation and wellness for residents of all ages
- A Healthy & Safe Lawrence – Preserving & protecting our community
- People, Places & Stories - A celebration of Lawrence Township history
- Being a Good Neighbor – Creating community
- Engaging Our Youth – Programs & activities
Read more about it
Public Lists Its Common Concerns For Town by Leah Kahn, Central Jersey.com, Packet Media Group on Mar 25, 2015
Communication is Key During Community Conversation by Michelle McGuinness, Open Post on Patch, on March 22, 2011